Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gavin Tale Twister #41: Sammy NEVER has my back!

This evening Gavin and I sat sadly on my office couch and remembered our beloved dog Louie. After we ate Mac and Cheese, we felt better. Gavin asked in a sad voice "Mom, do you think Carson would accept a friend request from me?" Carson(12) is a family friend who hangs around Sammy (12) but by default has to spend time with Gavin as well. Gavin loves hanging out with the older boys but they don't really enjoy his 3rd grade humor.
"Well... I think Carson would and you know what?..." I said.
"What?" asked Gavin.
"When you guys get older like in college, you will find that you are going to be friends with a lot of the same people and it won't matter that you are 3 years younger. It only matters now because y'all are so young."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well when you were still in diapers Sammy and Carson were playing Tee-Ball but when y'all are all in college you will all be studying and going to the same pizza place for dinner, living together, talking about sports together and helping each other out in times of need."
Gavin rolled his eye into his head to search for relevant data from his big brain and spouted out "but when I am a freshman, Sammy will be a senior... that means he'll have my back for only 1 year." He stopped talking abruptly as his eyes rolled into his head for more relevant data and out came "oh yea Sammy NEVER has my back so it won't matter!!"