Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister #34: Don't Eat The Cranberry Sauce!

This Thanksgiving, we celebrated as usual with my entire family. Dad, 4 of the 5 siblings and even my Step Mom. In addition, this year one of my sisters boyfriends entire family joined us. They had sold their home and were in a temporary apartment so we asked them to join us and they did. There were tree ladies in the family... the mom and the two sisters each of whom made a dish... twice baked potatoes, fresh green bean walnut salad and cranberry sauce. All of these dishes were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! And I'm not just saying that. The food was awesome!
We set up two long tables with a round in between. The round table is where Sam and Gavin both sat smack in the middle of everyone . No problem there until Gavin goes for seconds and comes back with turkey and cranberry sauce. Before he sits down he with his loud voice commands every one's attentions to deliver important information.
"Everyone, everyone! I have to warn you if you go get seconds DON'T! I SAID DON'T EAT THE CRANBERRY SAUCE. I TASTED IT AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!"
My eyes were wide open in disbelief. I couldn't believe that Gavin had just insulted one of our guests. I looked at the sister that had made the cranberry dish who by the way was sitting smack next to me and said "I am sooo so sorry!" She busted out laughing and was very gracious about the delivery of Gavin's news. The majority of the evening was spent talking about food in general and how delicious the cranberry really was. She wasn't buying it though.
My brother called several days later to tell me how awesome Thanksgiving Day was and how awesome all the food was and he said and I quote "especially the cranberry sauce" but he really meant it!