Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gavin's Tail Twister #35: Waking Gavin!

One night I was laying with Gavin and having some pillow talk with him. He asked that I wake him at 5AM.
" Oh and Mom when you wake me, do it like this." He rocked me gently and said in a sweet tiny voice "Gaaavin, Gaaaaavin, it's tiiimme to get uuuupppp." "Don't wake me like Sam does."
"And just how does Sam wake you?" I asked.
"Well!" "Well Sam usually says in a yelling voice 'GAVIN!!!! GET AUH-UUP!' in mid air, right before he body slams me."
"No he does not!"
"Yes he does Mom and when he lands on me, his butt is positioned perfectly by my face and he lets out a big fart while his whole body weight keeps me paralyzed so I have to smell the whole fart!"
I laughed and laughed at the thought. The things kids will make up.
The following morning I woke up early and gently tried to wake Gavin to no avail. I came down stairs to find Sammy awake and told him the story Gavin told me about Sam's method of waking Gavin in the morning . Sam just laughed and laughed but never denied it.
At about 6:30 AM Gavin comes barreling down the stairs just a fussin' at me. He wanted to know why I did not wake him at 5. I explained that I tried unsuccessfully. His only response was "Why didn't you just body slam me?"
Between he and Sammy, I can't tell whose telling the truth! Hee Hee! It does conjure up a pretty funny picture in my head though.