Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gavin's Tail Twister #33: I'M IN A CRISIS!!!

Early Christmas Shopping ? Yep! Today Canadian Man and I got up early to go to an arcade auction. You read correctly...an arcade auction where they auction gaming machines and pool tables. We were going early Christmas shopping so we took our kids over to the neighbors to play for a couple of hours. On the very short drive to their house one street over, I turn to Gavin only to see his hair sticking up like a turkey's hind feathers.

Three blocks away from the neighbors: "Gavin, I told you to comb your hair."

Gavin's mouth immediately dropped open and his hand rose up to the exact point of the spike. It wasn't a little turkey-like it was so long and spiky that one could almost mistake Gavin for a Cha cha cha chia Pet. It reminded me of the that time Sammy (big brother) put peanut butter in Gavin's hand and then tickled his ear so peanut butter would be all over Gavin's head and hair when he awoke. When Gavin got up the next morning, there was nothing laying that hair down except a full head scrubbing.

"OH MY GOD mom why didn't you tell me to comb my hair earlier." Gavin was pushing his hair down really hard.

Two blocks away: "I did tell you three times. Here put this on." I handed him chap stick for his lips because his lip edges were red from being out in the wind the day prior.
Gavin ignored my request. His eyes were furrowed and he was in distress. He even started to get panicky and resorted to licking his palms and trying to paste the spikes over to one side.

One block away: "Here Gavin put this on " I repeated.

Half block away: Now even more panicky and pushing down harder on the hair. "Mom, I'm can't do anything you say. Can't you see, I'M IN A CRISIS!!!"

Rolling up the driveway: Teee Heeee! "Gavin no big, when you go inside, just go to the bathroom and put some water on your hair and then comb it with your fingers just like you do every morning at home."

Putting it in park: "I can't!"

Parked: "You can!"

Doors opening: I can see Gavin nervously fidgeting before getting out of the car. His eyes are searching his brain for a solution to his problem which may result in potential heckling and embarrassment if he has to enter someone else's home with that head.

My final glance: Gavin exits the car quickly and pulls the back of his jacket over his head so no one could see his hair as if he were trying not to get wet in a thunderstorm. As he darted into the house to head to the sink, I thought to myself ... I wonder if Gavin would have cared about his hair so much if one of the kids he was visiting wasn't a GIRL... quick thinking Gavin...she would have teased you more than her brother and yours too. That probably was a crisis in his little mind. So cute!!!