Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gavin's Tail Twister #18: You might grow a second head or something.

Tonight I tried a Zoomba class. I paid $6 to stand in the back of a gym and try to keep up with the dance teacher doing dance moves my body never could , would or will ever be able to do. Ultimately, I paid $6 to stand there keeping my knees bent and moving my arms looking like Julia Dreyfus dancing on Seinfeld. I got home a little annoyed because I did not feel like I got true workout and already the lactic acid was forming in my muscles. I immediately asked the kids to brush their teeth and go to bed. My son, Gavin (7) instead comes into the bathroom and proceeds to picks up and examine my recent purchase of a toothbrush "POD". This "POD" is supposed to house the toothbrush head and emit vapors inside the Pod that kill any bacteria on the bristles for 3 whole months. Gavin wanted to know how it worked but I did not feel like explaining the whole thing. I gave him an abbreviated explanation and in addition told him the brush had to be rinsed off before each use to get the vapors off. I had hoped his quest for information would stop there.
Girl! You know it didn't!
"Well what happens if you don't rinse the brush off?" My immediate response "you might get a birth defect or something, just brush your teeth so we can get in bed." I knew this was the wrong response but hoped the squawk box of questions would just stop!
My older and wiser son Sammy(11) walks in. Gavin kindly reviews the rules for using the "POD" with special emphasis on rinsing the toothbrush prior to each use. Gavin admires Sammy so much, he could not bear it if anything ever happened to his "awesome, big brother" so Gavin gave Sam every vital piece of information. Sammy of course asked "Why does it matter that I rinse the bristles?"
Here we go again!
Gavin's response: (Of course this is said with a Gavin Lisp) "Well if you don't, you might grow another head or something."
As I chuckled to myself and thought: Huh! I wonder where he got that idea!