Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister #19: Soul Mate

One evening I was sitting comfortably on the couch when all of a suddenly a 90 pounder came at me and plunked down next to me. It was Gavin (7) who immediately started digging his feet underneath my back. I was not in the mood for this at that particular time. I told Gavin to take his feet out from behind me. Like usual his feet migrated back to digging behind my back. After asking 2 or 3 times, my voice was getting loud. My husband, William, noticing my frustration came over to intervene. William sternly pointed his finger at Gavin's chest pushing him slightly and said "Stop bothering my girlfriend...my... wife...... my... lover...[pause as William's and my eyes widen and look at each other]....I think we both thought "he said lover...hope Gavin doesn't catch that". Gavin must have thought after lover.... and the big pause meant he needed to fill in the blank because without a hitch Gavin adds (with a Gavin lisp of course) "your sooooul mate!" We both sighed with relief and laughed in agreement saying "Yes...soul mate Gavin. That's exactly what we were thinking.