Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gavin's Tail Twister #3: A Child View On Death

Last night during the usual drawn out bedtime rituals, Gavin asked me:

"Mommy, will my brain still be inside my skull after I die?"

"No Gavin, your brain disintegrates and you"ll ascend to heaven to be with me."

"No Mom. That is your soul that does that and your soul is attached to your heart."

"You are absolutely right."

After a long pause I noticed Gavin's eyes searching his brain and he finally says....

"And when you get there you play kid games all day and your heart slide down a great big slide?"

"That is absolutely correct!"

What a great picture that conjures..

Thanks Ingleside Baptist Preschool for painting great pictures on Gavin's canvas for life!

Here is Gavin's favorite meal time prayer:

Thank you God for happy hearts and rain and sunny weather.
Thank you God for this our food and that we are together.

Thanks Ingleside Baptist Preschool for helping to paint great pictures on Gavin's canvas for life!