Sunday, August 9, 2015

Gavin Tale Twister #50: A Squirrel In The Road

This years summer vacation was to visit to see Bill's mom, Nana, in the nursing home in Halifax and then on see some baseball in Boston. It was our last day in Boston and we had tickets to see the Red Sox play against the Detroit Tigers.  We were staying just around the corner from the famous Fenway Park Stadium. It was a breezy 65 degrees on Saturday July 25th, 2015. Yes I said 65 degrees ....and breezy!! Sam and his dad went ahead to catch some of the batting practice and Gavin and I followed behind. As we weaved our way throughout the traffic of people, cars, and vendors, Gavin took my hand as to not get lost. I yanked him this way, pulled him that way, abruptly stopped to avoid a car trying to get through the sea of people, then quickly ran across the cross walk to avoid any potential hazards. We zig-zagged around cars and people for 3 blocks and I could see a little sweat on the side of Gavin's head. "We are almost there" I said to Gavin.
I was  a little out of breath and  with a sigh of relief, I hopped up on the curb next to our entrance  into Fenway.  As we stopped and took a breath, Gavin said "Wheew! You know mom? Now I know just how a squirrel in the road feels! I have to agree!