Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Gavin TaleTwister # 52 : I WISH I COULD UN-SEE THAT!!!

So Gavin is at age 10 at a very sensitive age where he is starting to care what others think.  He feels criticized even if there is no criticism. We were at Papa's house and several times in the past, Gavin has hung on me while he moaned of boardem .  Finally one day Papa said to Gavin joking of course "Gavin leave my daughter alone!  You are bugging her and bugging her!"
Well gavin did not take this too lightly. That was 6 months ago.

So now every time we visit Papa,  Gavin tried to keep to him self as much as possible an even kept his lips sealed... Imagine that folks! Yep ....Gavin with nothing to say!! Doent happen often except now when we go to my dad's house.  As soon as we get there he is ready to leave, dying of boredom but still quite.
On this particular day, I had a rash on my leg that was starting to get infected.  I was mortified and did not show anyone but was thinking I needed a doctors advice. I am in the right place with dad being a retired physician.  Reluctant to ask my dad in fear of some holistic remedy he might propose, I sit quietly.  I show the spot to, my sister who is also a physician and instead of giving me medical advice she piped up and said "Dad loook at Usha's leg".
He did and immediately said with order in his tone. ... Usha you have an infection starting...Go sit in the HYPERTHERMIC DEAD SEA SALT outside and I promise you, it will get better.
I did and it absolutely did get better! I am now a believer in the mineral powers of the dead sea! Back to the story... Gavin patiently waited on the couch reading and playing games on his iPad.  Papa was sitting in the Dead Sea hot tub as well in his underwear!!! Yes I said in his underwear!  Papa stands up and is wiping the sweat off his face while his whitey tighty under wear is soaking wet and drooping down to his knees.  He wraps a towel around himself and drops his under whiteys off like a magic trick and slips on just his shorts (no back up underwear in site) .  He hobbles in with his widened gait and bowed legs, bear chest and  body still alittle wet quite redened from the heat of the tub water and his shorts now drooping from his body sweat and yes still with no underwear. His sweat, bear cheast and larger belly made it difficult to hold up his shorts so they hung a littl low.  OK so low that the top of his butt crack was showing.  I catch Gavin's eyes cut up to catch a glimpse at Papa.  He diid not want to get caught looking infear of being criticized but cant help but flatten his lips  like a duck, make his nose small and squint his eyes as if he smelled something bad.  He leans over to my sister who is sitting by Gavin and whispers to her "I wish I could un-see that!!"
  Gavin said just what everyone was thinking!