Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister # 31 : THEY HUG ME BETTER THAN MY OWN MOTHER!

This week has been a tough week! Everyone is in trouble in our house. Both boys and "That Canadian Guy" (usually he is My Canadian Man)... not today. I am not happy! I came home after a tough day, my head hurt, my eyes were bulging and the young-ins were yapping and I just wanted to be left alone to go to bed early.

We all shower one by one and got ready for bed. I go to the sun room as usual where Sam is getting some help from his Dad on his homework.
Gavin comes in after his shower and yes already with his school uniform clothes on for the next day. He begins to thread his belt through the belt loops when ...
"Gavin, what are you doing with your school clothes on?" Canada Man said.
"Oh!" With eyes wide open, lips stuck out as to acknowledge our displeasure and head tilted to the side like a birddog that has just spotted a bird, Gavin answers his dad. "I'm getting ahead for tomorrow so I can sleep in and I am supposed to be in bed in 1 minute exactly so I've got to hurry. "
"Gavin go put your PJ's on and lay your clothes by your bed!"
Gavin looks at me for help and says "I can't mom, I,I,I.."
I interrupt and say to Gavin. "Your pants are too tight. Go change your clothes and put your clothes by your bed!"
"But Mom, I am already ready!"
" Well you won't be able to sleep properly tonight, you'll be uncomfortable and they look tight."
Gavin's reply "No they're not mom. I like them like this. They, they ,they hug me better than my own mother does! (There is a long pause as Gavin wraps his arms around his pants.)
Gavin looks at me and says" Mom, give me a hug."

I attempt to give Gavin the best hug ever so I can beat those pants for the best hug competition. Gavin stepped back and rolled his eyes up towards the ceiling as to be digesting my hug and comparing it to the hug he is getting from those tight pants. After a long hmmmmmmmm Gavin's final words were: "Nope I like my pants better (rubbing his belly and pants)!"

I chuckled as he ran off to try to get in bed with out us putting the kibosh on his plan to hit the snooze button a couple of times and then jumping right out of bed already dressed so he could enjoy a leisurely breakfast and still make it to school on time.
And after I smiled, no one was in trouble any more.