Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister # 30 : IT'S A NATURAL RESOURCE IN THE SOUTH!!

So today I started the morning with Zumba (That is Latin Dance Aerobics Class) and coffee with a friend at Starbucks. I came home around noon and relieved My Canadian Man Bill of his fatherly duties so he could go to the golf course for a round of golf. I gathered up a quick errand list and headed out the door with Gavin (8) to go grab brunch and master the tasks on my list.

Gavin's first words when we got into the car was "I'M STARVING!" "Me too Gavin." I said and off we went. In my mind we were mainly out to run errands but in Gavin's mind we we off to spend quality brunch time. His recommendation was McDonald's. "I don't think so!" is my response. I gave Gavin some choices and those choices didn't include McDonald's. We finally mutually agreed on Cracker Barrel. When we arrived we did the usual things like shopping in the front for our favorite nick knacks and candy of course. We were then seated and ordered our food after which we both managed to attain "GENIUS STATUS" on the triangle golf tee game that God knows had a billion germs on it because every kid and adult wants to see if they are genius.

The food came and of course it came with a plate of biscuits. We both ate about half of our food and a biscuit. Then we packed the remainder for Bill to eat later. In the take home box was chicken and rice some macaroni and cheese some shrimp (yes shrimp from Cracker Barrel! Yuck!), last but not least a tasty biscuit that Gavin would have eaten if I had not stopped him. Since he arleady had one, I made him put it in the box for his dad.

Off we went again to finish our errands. Finally on the way home an hour later, I could see Gavin hiding something in the back seat. After I asked what he was hiding several times, I glanced back and could see the take home box was cracked open. In that moment, I knew what would be missing.... you guessed it... the biscuit!
"Gavin, I thought we were going to save that biscuit for dad?"
"Well I was getting hungry."
"You could have waited to get home and had a fruit snack. You really should have saved that biscuit for dad because you already had one."
"Yea but I was hungry and you know Mom it's a NATURAL RESOURCE IN THE SOUTH!"
Ha ha! You are so funny Gavin!