Monday, May 2, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister #24: I Wouldn't Do That If I Were You!

The Set Up: Gavin is seven years old and adores his big brother! He wants to do everything his brother does...be a good pitcher, be a good catcher, be a good student, and have lots of friends. He wants to play all the same video games, show off his one underarm that is trying to grow a couple of scrawny hairs when he reaches his tween years and even sport the same hairstyle or non hairstyle I should say. They both insist on sleeping on wet hair after their evening bath. In the morning, they splash some water on a comb and push the comb through the tangled nest atop their big heads. Combing it straight down flat on top, pressed onto their forehead with no part and usually with the sides not combed at all. GOOOOBER! I tell them it does not look good but they insist it does and before they leave, the hair is pushed over just on the ends mid forehead so it doesn't get in their eyes. It is kinda Justin Bieber-ish but not that neat. I just let them go to school looking like that. Hee Hee! They are gonna love those pictures!
The Story: Today Gavin and his big brother Sammy (age 11) went to get hair cuts. Of course neither wanted a cut. It was just that time! Nichole is their hair dresser and talks to them just as a good hair dresser does with his/her clients. I am not sure what conversations transpired between the brothers before they got to the hair dresser but neither really wanted to be there. Nicole usually asks "what are we gonna do today?" and they usually respond with what they wanted for a style. Sammy took his turn like a man and with no complaints. Now it is Gavin's turn. Nichole followed all the usual hair dressers protocol...pumped up the chair, put on a cutting drape, sprayed Gavin's hair with water but skipped over the "what are we gonna do today?" question. She picked up her scissors and before she could make the first cut,
Gavin blurts out "I wouldn't do that if I were you!"
Nichole stopped and said "well, why not Gavin?"
Gavin responds with a lisp of course: " I've got LICSSE (that is lice with a lisp)!"
You do?
Yea, I tried to get it all out (lisp) yesterday but couldn't. (lisp) So, yea I got (lisp) lice.
Nichole laughed and said "Gavin you are the first kid that has tried to get out of a haircut by telling me you have lice. " SNIP!