Saturday, October 2, 2010

Gavin's Tail Twister #16: I'm Just One Man!

On this particular Saturday morning, I had plans for myself. I wanted to drink my coffee in peace and cross some stuff off my never ending list. Blogging was one item on that list. I think I have to blog more regularly or I fear I won't remember what all the funny details of my life are and there are lots of them. I worry that early Alzheimer is working it's way into my life. In fact I am pretty sure I could hide my own Easter Eggs. Ha!
Back to the Gavin story:
I was sipping and blogging as the children were circling the kitchen hunting for "BACON" and other yummy breakfast food. The TV was on loud and the dog was sniffing around. You know what that means! Both Gavin and his brother Sam were supposed to go to friends houses today and I wanted all weekend homework and chores completed before they left. (All of the following happened in about 30 seconds while I was barking orders from my lounge position on the couch.)"Boys if you want to get to your friends houses on time you need to get your morning stuff accomplished. Turn off the TV and report to me... send the dog outside....finish your morning reading and piano practice... eat some fruit with what ever it is you pick from the kitchen... I want all your work done before you leave this house...I want you guys to pick something and get it done and then report to me...one of you needs to unload the dishes and the other needs to load and take the trash out..." Gavin plunked himself down and picked up "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and said "I am doing my reading" as if that would excuse him from doing anything else. I think he just wanted to look at the cartoon strip pictures. I said "Fine, I'll let you know when 15 minutes is up and you can proceed to get the rest of your to do list done before you go to your friends house." He had this surprised look on his face like I am reading and that should be enough. I said Gavin you still have get dressed, brush your teeth, wash your fac....". Gavin interrupted in a slightly high pitched frustrated voice " Mom I'M JUST ONE MAN!" I just laughed!