Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gavin's Tale Twister 10: Before I Was Ever Born and Around the World Kisses

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBrantney is one of our favorite children's bedtime stories. It is basically 20 pages of conversation between Big Nut Brown Hare and Little Nut Brown Hare about who loves the other more. I Love You to your toes, I Love You as high as I can hop, I Love You as high as that tree and of course we get all the way to I Love you to the moon and back.
How much more love could possibly be expressed in any single sentence?
Well, on one particular day Gavin said to me during an I Love you more competition ...
"Mom, I just love you so much that I MISSED YOU EVEN BEFORE I WAS EVER BORN!". To top things off he finished with "now I am going to give you an AROUND THE WORLD KISS". For those of you who do not know what that is ...it is when you start a kiss on one cheek, proceed up the face with tiny kisses, kiss across the forehead and all the way down the other side of the face, under the the chin which always gets a little giggle and back up to the place from whence the kisses started. Now suddenly that little phrase Guess How Much I Love You? has a whole new meaning. Oh and...GAVIN WINS!