Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gavin Tail Twister # 20 He's Just Not Telling Me !

On one evening in the middle of the week, I was trying to get the kids ready for bed. I followed the usual evening ritual and asked each child if homework was complete, if their clothes were ready for the next day, teeth brushed, la la la... While I was interrogating each child about library books due the next day, I was of course cleaning the kitchen, getting lunches la la la...
My son (age 11)Sam's answers in a monotone, low voice, single syllable with lips not moving voice "yes" for all the questions.
Gavin (age 7) of course answered all questions with shifting eyes, one corner of the upper lip cocked up like Elvis, and with a double syllable southern lisp "yease", "yease", "maaaybe"! All the while, he is jumping on the sofa. I am getting ill now because I am tired and Gavin is playing with me. Gavin knows he's done with most everything, he just likes pushing my buttons sometimes. I glance over the room and see his tennis shoes across the room on the floor. I immediately tense up and start fussing.... "Is that were your shoes go? You know in the morning you won't be able to find them in a hurry. If you just put your shoes where they belong in the mud room, I wouldn't be fussing at you now. For that matter have you found your I Pod that you got for Christmas and immediately lost?"
Gavin quickly defends himself. "Moamh (that is just how Gavin said it), I had it right here on the sofa."
"Yep, I know Gavin. This stuff just disappears by it self. God knows where that thing is!"
Gavin stops jumping and looked directly in to my eye and puts his hand on my shoulder like he has just had an epiphany.
In a quiet but absolute statement Gavin says "MOM! GOD DOES KNOW WHERE MY I POD IS! HE'S JUST NOT TELLING ME!"
Ha! I love that child!