Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gavin's Tail Twister #12: That's So Easy Mom...

One evening when William(husband) was working late, I was laying in bed trying to do some computer work and of course Gavin(6 1/2 years old) comes in and says Mom I can't sleep can I get in bed with you? I of course say Yes if you will lie quiet while I finish my work.
(Gavin) "OK Mommy."
I knew that would not last long. After 5 minutes of Gavin's eyes wandering around he finally asks: "Mom, What does TELEKINESIS mean?"
I put down my papers and say "Where did you learn a word like that Gavin?"
(Gavin) "I don't know but what does it mean?"
(Me) I means if you use your brain and think on something really hard, you can make that something move with your mind."
(Gavin) Like I could move that TV with my brain?
(Me)I am now figuring that Gavin is not gonna stop asking questions so I laid down a piece of paper on the mattress and dropped a paper clip on the paper and said to Gavin "Gavin, let's start small. Use your brain and try to move that paper clip without touching it." I thought to myself 'that ought to take some time and maybe he'll fall asleep.'
Gavin immediately responded as if I gave him a 2+2 question.
(Gavin) "AH MOM, THAT'S SO EASY!"
GAVIN PROCEEDED TO TAKE THE PALM OF HIS HAND TO THE TOP OF HIS HEAD AND RUBBED IT AS HARD AS HE COULD. HE RUBBED HIS HAIR SO HARD IT LOOKED AS IF THERE WAS A BIRDS NEST ON TOP OF HIS HEAD. HE THEN TOOK THE PALM OF HIS HAND AN WAVED IT OVER THE PAPERCLIP AND PAPER. BOTH THE CLIP AND THE PAPER MOVED DUE TO THE STATIC ELECTRICITY GAVIN CREATED IN HIS HAND.
(Gavin) TAADAAAAA!
(ME) CAN'T GET ANYTHING PAST YOU CAN WE GAVIN!
(Gavin) "Ask me another question Mom."
(ME) Good Night Gavin.
Smarty pants!