Monday, November 30, 2009

Gavin's Tale Twister #6: The Bed Time Story

William and I try to read every night to Gavin and Sam. On this particular night Gavin choose to read Sponge Bob's UFO... something or another book. I was just trying to get the daily reading deed done. If you've read any Sponge Bob, you'll remember that these books are quite lengthy. In an effort to speed things along I read 3 pages for every 1 page that Gavin read. This is so Gavin could examine all the pictures. Or so I thought. I did not think that he was paying attention to the words, so I quickly read. To my surprise the only three statements Gavin made while I did 75% of the reading was.
1. "You shouldn't begin a sentence with And should you mom? Then, why did they Mom?"
2. "Mrs. Puff is not married so why is there an r in Mrs?
3. One of the sentences said "Patrick won!" Gavin says "don't
you spell won like this Mommy...O..N..E?
All I have to say is boy I wish my brain clicked like that 24/7.